Level: Upper Intermediate ESL
For the last 15 years, Neville Turner has proved himself to be a dedicated employee at Zirtech Corporation . So when he starts neglecting his duties at work, everybody thinks he has lost his marbles. But there's a very good explanation for Neville's strange behaviour - life is finally looking up!
Read "Slacking at the Office" and picture the characters and settings through lifelike words and expressions that you are likely to use at your workplace. Listen to a North American narrator to learn the natural pronunciation, delivery and rhythm of the language. Practice the usage of the new expressions by completing the exercises that follow the story.
This topic includes:
- 35 vocabulary items (mostly idioms, phrasal verbs, collocations)
- a two-page article
- 3 vocabulary building exercises
- a listening exercise
- an audio of the article read by a professional narrator
- a complementary reading and activity on North American types of fundraisers
- new vocabulary items with definitions and sample sentences
- an answer key