Level: Advanced ESL
Finding your future Mr. or Mrs. Right has come a long way. While in the past people met at school, dance clubs or churches, today hook-ups can often be arranged online. But looking for the love of your life will still take some courage!
Read "Online Dating" and notice how vividly this topic is presented through up-to-date words and expressions. Listen to the article being read by a North American narrator to learn the natural pronunciation, delivery and rhythm of the language. Practice the usage of the new expressions by completing the exercises that follow the article.
This topic includes:
- 34 vocabulary items (mostly idioms, phrasal verbs, collocations)
- a two-page article
- 3 vocabulary building exercises
- a listening exercise
- an audio of the article read by a professional narrator
- a complementary reading and activity on North American types of dates
- new vocabulary items with definitions and sample sentences
- an answer key
- a feedback form with $5US appreciation coupon