Level: Advanced ESL
Vitamins and supplements can be found in the medicine cabinets of most North Americans. While the benefits of certain compounds have long been known, do we really need them to look the picture of health?
Read “Vitamins and Supplements” and notice how vividly this topic is presented through up-to-date words and expressions. Listen to the article being read by a North American narrator to learn natural pronunciation, delivery and rhythm of the language. Practice the usage of the new expressions by completing the exercises that follow the story.
This topic includes:
- 32 vocabulary items (mostly idioms, phrasal verbs, collocations)
- a two-page article
- 3 vocabulary building exercises
- a listening exercise
- an audio of the article read by a professional narrator
- a complementary reading and activity on North American aspects of healthy lifestyles
- new vocabulary items with definitions and sample sentences
- an answer key