Tuesday, December 01, 2009|
English Gateway Newsletter #12
Membership Content Additions:
New Worksheet: Describing Clothes Collocations (ESL High-Intermediate)
Students learn to describe articles of clothing based on style, length, pattern and other characteristics.
New Worksheet: Canadian-isms (ESL Low-Intermediate)
Students practice vocabulary peculiar to Canadian English.
New Lesson Plan: "Twas the Night Before Christmas" (ESL Intermediate)
This lesson is based on the poem by Clement Clarke Moore. Students talk about Christmas traditions and image of Santa Claus as perceived through the poem. Rhyming patterns of the poem are also explored.
- There are many wonderful reasons to celebrate and recognize the last month of the year. We thank everyone who has helped us grow and improve throughout this marvelous year and send our best wishes for a festive and jolly holiday season!
- Site Update:
- Join English Gateway workshop "From Intermediate to Advanced - Taking Vocabulary Skills to the Next Level" at TESL Ontario Conference in Toronto, Ontario, December 10-12, 2009!
More holiday-related worksheets:
Naughty or Nice? (Based on the song "Santa Claus Is Coming to Town") ESL Intermediate
Students learn about Santa Claus as personified in folklore and give examples of naughty or nice behaviour.
Personality and Gift Giving (ESL High-Intermediate)
Students think of gifts that match various personality traits.
POSTED BY Olga Galperin AT 5:00 PM
- Recent Blog Updates
- Teacher Blog
- Using Corpus in Advanced ESL Classes
- What Are Language Chunks?
- Follow Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics Torch Relay and Learn Canadian Geography
- Student Blog
- Raise vs. Rise
- Idiomania: Idioms in the Language of Advertising
- Apple has recently advertised their special shopping event as the following:
- TGI Friday.
- Especially this Friday.
- What does TGI Friday mean?
- This expression means Thank Goodness It’s Friday (also abbreviated TGIF). It’s used among people who are happy their workweek (Monday to Friday) is finished and weekend is coming up. For example:
- What a tough week it has been, TGIF!
- Happy learning and teaching,
- English Gateway Team