Wednesday, December 03, 2008|
ESL Teacher Blog: Naughty or Nice? – Help Your Students Find Out As You Sing Along
POSTED BY Olga Galperin AT 12:18 AM
- Although not everyone celebrates Christmas, Santa Claus still remains a focus of interest for many students during this season.
- What is a better way to talk about this jolly personage than by singing along? Find a good recording of “Santa Claus Is Coming to Town” and set a festive mood in your pre-holiday class.
Warm up your class before listening to this popular song by discussing the following questions:
• Did you believe in Santa Claus when you were little? Who did you think gave you presents on Christmas: Santa Claus or your parents?
• Did you think Santa Claus brought gifts only to the well-behaved children?
• Did you feel disappointed when you learned that Santa Claus was unreal?
A full list of suggested pre-listening and post-listening activities along with lyrics is here. Enjoy!